Green Shrimps with Peruvian
What you need:
1 pound of fresh, cleaned, wild, medium shrimps (16-20)
15 oz. of canary beans, cooked
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 white onion, small diced
1/4 cup of organic chicken broth
1/4 cup extra virgen olive oil
1/2 Peruvian ají amarillo, no seeds, no veins, blanched
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Fresh cilantro to taste
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a medium high temperature pan, add 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil, 3 chopped garlic cloves
and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Then add the onion, and cook until tender and translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add the ají amarillo puré, stir and sauté for one more minute. Add the beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Then transfer to a blender or using an immersion blender, mix with a few spoons of the broth until it reaches the consistency of a puré.
4. Season with salt and pepper, lemon juice and garnish with a few more drops of olive oil or fresh cilantro. Set aside until you cook the shrimps.
5. In a medium pan at med-high temperature add 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté thegarlic for 1 minute. Add the shrimps, pinch of salt and pepper and cook for two minutes. Add salt, pepper and cook for 1 more minute on the other side. Add thecilantro and serve on top of the hummus.