Carnaval Miami is hiring!
About us: The Kiwanis Club of Little Havana is an affiliate of Kiwanis International, a worldwide non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to serving children in their communities. Founded in 1975, the Little Havana Chapter is known for using advanced fundraising initiatives, such as Carnaval Miami and its flagship events Carnaval on the Mile and Calle Ocho Festival. Through the Kiwanis Little Havana Foundation, the organization impacts thousands of families annually, with youth development programs including holiday giving, scholarships, youth summer camps, back to school and more.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Being a reliable host and source of information for the internal and external audiences that we touch daily, through a packed calendar of service projects and fundraising events. Key audiences include: our high-profile sponsors, foundation donors, event guests, small businesses, media, fine artists, musical talents, underprivileged families, the community at large, and Kiwanis membership.
- Handle information requests coming face to face, via email, phone, social media, and our website regarding service projects and fundraising events. Screen calls, transfer calls to appropriate parties and/or take accurate messages. Check voice mail of front desk and deliver messages to appropriate party.
- Greet walk-ins: screen, assist and attend to accordingly. Keep information organized, centralized and available.
- Prepare weekly newsletter with event/project information, member news, and sponsor information.
- Manage event registrations and filing system (a combination of hard and digital.)
- Distribute promotional items such as brochures and flyers.
- Maintain photographic archive.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Coordinate catering as needed.
- Manage correspondence and postage, distribute incoming accordingly to staff/member boxes, prepare outgoing mail/packages, call couriers for delivery of items.
- Create and update letter templates.
- Create and update Annual Club calendar upon request.
- Maintain, and update the Kiwanis Club member information in Roster, Outlook Address Book, database, etc. and inform staff of any changes.
- Prepare all documents (agenda, funding requests, reports, etc.) for Board of Directors meetings and prepares BOD folders.
- Handle Eventbrite portal: post events, respond to questions, generate sales reports.
- Annual Convention: receive forms and create spreadsheet with attending members & families, etc.
Carnaval Miami Functions:
- Work closely with chairmen on all pertaining to events.
- Miss Carnaval: Update applications; send & receive applications to contestants; make copies of received applications & payments; enter them into a software system along with picture; create a spreadsheet, give payments to accounting; compile all applications and photos into a binder; send out emails to contestants with information pertaining to meetings, interviews, and attire.
- Carnaval on the Mile- Receive all artist and vendor applications, make copies of applications and payments; enter them into a software system, create a spreadsheet, give payments and reconcile with accounting; handle and answer all questions pertaining to event.
- Cooking Contest- Receive contestants’ recipes; make copies and compile; create judges’ booklets with all recipes (Vocational & High Schools). Work closely with chairmen as needed.
- Calle Ocho- receive and save information of aspiring performing artists; answer vendor questions via phone and/or walk-ins.
- Associates Degree. Desirable: pursuing a career in business administration, marketing and related fields.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office. Required: Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook. Desirable: Project, Access.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Organized, punctual and responsible.
- Relates positively, effectively, and appropriately with members, volunteers, vendors and other staff members.
- You will be at the forefront of the diverse audiences that we connect with and who represent our community at heart. We are looking for a community connector, who understands the economic, social and cultural impact of what we do, and who can help us grow a better Miami.
- We are looking of a flexible, responsible, fun, genuine person who will be a joyful addition to our team –we work hard, play hard, think fast and care a lot!
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a sense of structure.
- Must be able to work flexible hours during Carnaval Miami season in March.